- Arizona United set to face Chula Vista FC in 2nd round of the U.S. Open Cup
- Arizona United looks to end winless streak against Austin Aztex Saturday night
- Where does Arizona United stand after 1st quarter of the season?
- Arizona United winless streak grows to four games with Tulsa draw
- Arizona United player ratings vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
2014 FIFA at FilmBar event details
- Updated: January 15, 2014
When: Feb. 23, draw at 9:30 a.m.; tournament begins at 10 a.m.
Where: FilmBar, 815 N. 2nd St. in downtown Phoenix.
What: One-day FIFA14 video game tournament on PlayStation 3 consoles. Plus, raffle prizes.
Who: 32-player tournament.
Why: All profits to benefit local nonprofit charity The Welcome to America Project.
Fundraising goal: $2,000.
Ages: All ages welcome. Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. (Alcoholic drinks will NOT be served to those under 21. Non-alcoholic drinks will be available. FilmBar employees will card at the bar 35 and younger.)
Spectators: FREE to attend. Enjoy drink specials from FilmBar; and buy delicious food from local food truck Luncha Libre, one of the best in the Valley. To RSVP, click “join” in FIFA at FilmBar’s Facebook event page.
Raffle tickets: 1 for $10. Or 5 for $20. (Raffle tickets sold day of event. Prizes to be given away near FilmBar bar area every 30 minutes starting at noon, ending at 3 p.m. Must be present to win.)
RAFFLE PRIZES (so far):
- (1) soccer ball signed by U.S. Men’s National Team stars Eddie Johnson, Kyle Beckerman and Landon Donovan.
- (1) soccer ball signed by USMNT stars Landon Donovan, Mix Diskerud, Graham Zusi and Nick Rimando.
- (1) signed Brad Evans USMNT jersey.
- (1) Hope Solo-signed 11×8 action photo.
- (2) Shirts signed by former USMNT star forward Taylor Twellman.
- (2) $100 retail gift certificate from Soccer Locker.
- (2) $40 ticket vouchers to the 2014 FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup MLS preseason tournament Final; 3 matches being played on March 1 in Tucson between MLS clubs Real Salt Lake (2013 MLS Cup runner-up), Chivas USA, Colorado Rapids, Chicago Fire, New England Revolution and USL PDL club FC Tucson.
- (1) FilmBar BarFly card (12 free movies, $1 off 1 drink (12 times), 12 free popcorn).
- (1) FIFA14 video game for PS4 and an IBeatitFirst.com T-shirt.
- (1) Voucher for a free 2014 Phoenix FC jersey.
- (5) $10 gift cards, (5) free lettuce wrap cards and (5) free edamame cards to Pei Wei Asian diner on 7th Ave. and McDowell. (Note: This will encompass ONE prize.)
***TIX TO ENTER TOURNEY AS A GAMER ARE SOLD OUT
- Six guaranteed games, including one guaranteed on the big FilmBar theater screen (16′x9′ screen). (10 games if you make it to the final with semifinals and final on the big screen.) (Value: Priceless.)
- 1 free drink (alcoholic or non) courtesy of FilmBar ($5 value)
- 1 free lunch courtesy of a local food truck ($5 value)
- 1 raffle ticket ($10 value)
- Exclusive deal to buy 5 more raffle tickets at discounted price of $10. (Regular price is $20. You can buy as many sets of 5 tickets you wish at $10 a set.)
- 8 groups of four. (Draw begins at 9:30 a.m. Tournament begins at 10 a.m.)
- There will be eight stations, including theater screen.
- Each gamer plays SIX group matches; playing each group opponent TWICE.
- Top two teams advance to knockout rounds. (Most total points. 3 points for each win. 1 point for each draw. 0 points for each loss.)
- Tie-breakers to advance: Goal differential > goals scored > head-to-head > 1-half playoff (4 minutes) with golden goal second half.
- Round of 16 begins 10 minutes after all group play is finished. Straight to PKs if tied after regulation. (Approx. 2 p.m. Overtime rules may change if round begins before 2 p.m. Match played on theater screen chosen by lottery.)
- Round of 8 begins 5 minutes after previous round ends. Straight to PKs if tied after regulation. (Approx. 2:20 p.m. Overtime rules may change if Round of 16 begins before 2 p.m. Match played on theater screen chosen by lottery.)
- Semifinals begin 5 minutes after previous round ends. Straight to PKs if tied after regulation. (Approx. 2:50 p.m. Overtime rules may change if Round of 16 begins before 2 p.m. All matches on theater screen.)
- Championship begins 5 minutes after previous round ends. If tied after regulation, two 4-minute extra time halves. If still tied, extra time PKs. (Approx. 3:10 p.m. On theater screen.)
- Gamers check in at 9:15 a.m. Draw begins at 9:30 a.m.
- Gamers choose club teams ONLY. (No international teams.)
- Gamers stick with ONE team throughout tournament. (One team may be chosen by multiple gamers. If we end up with 32 Barcelonas or Real Madrids, so be it.)
- 4-minute halves EACH GAME. Semifinals and finals are 5-minute halves.
- Controller buttons/controls set to “Classic.” You MAY CHANGE these settings, but your will be given only 30 seconds to do so.
- Gamers may bring their own controller to use. But you MUST ALSO bring your own USB controller chord. (Sponsors of this event nor its volunteers are responsible for lost or damage chords and controllers. You are solely responsible for your own equipment.)
- If a gamer does NOT show up after FIVE minutes past their scheduled start time for their FIRST match of the tournament, they will be forced to forfeit. NO refunds. Gamer may play the rest of his/her scheduled group play matches. Gamers are responsible to make sure they are where they need to be and when. (Schedule will be clearly posted day of the event on a big white board near FilmBar’s bar area and each gamer will be given their individual schedule.)
- WINNING player after EACH match has the responsibility to report scores to event volunteer manning the standings and scores at the big white board near FilmBar’s bar area.
- Gamers will have some time in between group play matches for breaks (lunch, bathroom and to smoke outside building).
- If a gamer loses by 5 or more goals, they must issue a public apology both on Facebook and at the event in front of EVERYBODY.
- Have fun, eat and drink!
And now, your Moment of Zin(edine Zidane):